StartXchange

Welcome , You have 0 Private Messages!

06-30-09, 09:51 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
From: Carolyn Kautzer <ckautzer> Sent: 5262009 To: Jerry Blocyznski
-----Original Message----- From: gmichaelsen To: Undisclosed recipients Sent: 5262009

May 25, 2009 10:31:09 PM, bfleming1626 wrote:
Is this what Obama calls "Redistribution of Wealth?"
I call it un-American and illegal.

Gay

[LEFT]A LETTER TO AMERICA FROM A DODGE DEALER[/LEFT]

[LEFT]
Written by George C. Joseph
Thursday, 21 May 2009[/LEFT]

[LEFT]My name is George C. Joseph. I am the sole owner of [COLOR=#0000ff]Sunshine Dodge-Isuzu[/COLOR], a family owned and operated business in Melbourne, Florida. My family bought and paid for this automobile franchise 35 years ago in 1974. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]I am the second generation to manage this business. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]We currently employ 50+ people and before the economic slowdown we employed over 70 local people. We are active in the community and the local chamber of commerce. We deal with several dozen local vendors on a day to day basis and many more during a month. All depend on our business for part of their livelihood. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]We are financially strong with great respect in the market place and community. We have strong local presence and stability. I work every day the store is open, nine to ten hours a day. [/LEFT]

I know most of our customers and all our employees. Sunshine Dodge is my life.

[LEFT]On Thursday, May 14, 2009 I was notified that my Dodge franchise, that we purchased, will be taken away from my family on June 9, 2009 - without compensation - and given to another dealer at no cost to them. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]My new vehicle inventory consists of 125 vehicles with a financed balance of 3 million dollars. This inventory becomes impossible to sell with no factory incentives beyond June 9, 2009. Without the Dodge franchise we can no longer sell a new Dodge as "new," nor will we be able to do any warranty service work. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Additionally, my Dodge parts inventory, (approximately $300,000) is virtually worthless without the ability to perform warranty service. There is no offer from Chrysler to buy back the vehicles or parts inventory. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Our facility was recently totally renovated at Chrysler's insistence, incurring a multi-million dollar debt in the form of a mortgage at Sun Trust Bank. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]HOW IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CAN THIS HAPPEN? [/LEFT]

[LEFT]THIS IS A PRIVATE BUSINESS NOT A GOVERNMENT ENTITY. [/LEFT]

This is beyond imagination! My business is being stolen from me through NO FAULT OF OUR OWN.

[LEFT]We did NOTHING wrong. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]This atrocity will most likely force my family into bankruptcy. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]This will also cause our 50+ employees to be unemployed.
How will they provide for their families? [/LEFT]

[LEFT]This is a total economic disaster. [/LEFT]

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN IN A FREE MARKET ECONOMY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

[LEFT]I beseech your help, and look forward to your reply. [/LEFT]

Thank you.

[LEFT]Sincerely,
George C. Joseph [/LEFT]
President & Owner
[B][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=windowtext][B]Sunshine Dodge-Isuzu [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]
Melbourne, Florida
06-30-09, 10:02 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
My focus and fascination is with people who seem to do well in many areas of life, and do it over and over through a lifetime.
In entertainment, I think of Paul Newman and Bill Cosby. In business, I think of Ben and Jerry (the ice cream moguls), and a local business owner who is famous for the money he&#8217;s given to children&#8217;s charities.

We all know examples of people who go from one success to another. These are the people who inspire me! I&#8217;ve studied them, and I&#8217;ve noticed they have the following traits in common:

They work hard!
Yes, they play hard, too!
They get up early, they rarely complain, they expect performance from others, but they expect extraordinary performance from themselves.
Repeated, high-level success starts with a recognition that hard work pays off.

They are incredibly curious and eager to learn.
They study, ask questions and read - constantly!
An interesting point, however: While most of them did well in school, the difference is that they apply or take advantage of what they learn.
Repeated success is not about memorizing facts, it&#8217;s about being able to take information and create, build, or apply it in new and important ways.
Successful people want to learn everything about everything!

They network extraordinarily well.
They know lots of people, and they know lots of different kinds of people.
They listen to friends, neighbors, co-workers and bartenders.
They don&#8217;t have to be &#8220;the life of the party,&#8221; in fact many are quiet, even shy, but they value people and they value relationships.
Successful people have a rolodex full of people who value their friendship and return their calls.

They work on themselves and never quit!
While the &#8220;over-night wonders&#8221; become arrogant and quickly disappear, really successful people work on their personality, their leadership skills, management skills, and every other detail of life.

When a relationship or business deal goes sour, they assume they can learn from it and they expect to do better next time.

Successful people don&#8217;t tolerate flaws; they fix them!

They are extraordinarily creative.
They go around asking, &#8220;Why not?&#8221;

They see new combinations, new possibilities, new opportunities and challenges where others see problems or limitations.

They wake up in the middle of the night yelling, &#8220;I&#8217;ve got it!&#8221;
They ask for advice, try things out, consult experts and amateurs, always looking for a better, faster, cheaper solution.
Successful people create stuff!

They are self-reliant and take responsibility.
Incredibly successful people don&#8217;t worry about blame, and they don&#8217;t waste time complaining.

They make decisions and move on.
Sometimes they are criticized for taking this to extremes &#8211; Jimmy Carter carried his own briefcase and a President &#8220;shouldn&#8217;t&#8221; do that!

Extremely successful people take the initiative and accept the responsibilities of success.

They are usually relaxed and keep their sense of perspective.
Even in times of stress or turmoil, highly successful people keep Their balance, they know the value of timing, humor, and patience.

They rarely panic or make decisions on impulse.
Unusually successful people breathe easily, ask the right questions, and make sound decisions, even in a crisis.

8. Extremely successful people have a gift for living in the present moment.
They know that &#8220;Now&#8221; is the only time they can control.
They have a &#8220;gift&#8221; for looking people in the eye, listening to what is being said, enjoying a meal or fine wine, music or playing with a child.
They never seem rushed, and they get a lot done!
They take full advantage of each day.
Successful people don&#8217;t waste time they use it wisely!

Living in the present gives them a unique ability to &#8220;look over the horizon&#8221; and see the future.
They observe trends, notice changes, see shifts, and hear the nuances that others miss.
A basketball player wearing Nikes is trivial, the neighbor kid wearing them is interesting, your own teenager demanding them is an investment opportunity!
Extremely successful people live in the present, with one eye on the future!

Repeatedly successful people respond instantly!
When an investment isn&#8217;t working out, they sell.
When they see an opportunity, they make the call.
If an important relationship is cooling down, they take time to renew it.
When technology or a new competitor or a change in the economic situation requires an adjustment, they are the first and quickest to respond.

These traits work together in combination, giving repeatedly successful people a huge advantage.
Because they are insatiable learners, they can respond wisely to change.
Because their personal relationships are strong, they have good advisors,
and a reserve of goodwill when things go bad.

And finally, none of these traits are genetic!

They can be learned!

They are free and they are skills you can use.

Dr Philip E. Humbert, Psychologist and Professional Coach.
07-02-09, 05:11 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
Honor the Signers of Declaration of Independence

The following message was passed along to me by
my spouse George C. Minnich <gcminnich> and he
received it from Ken Miller <kenmiller119> who got
from Jim Thomas <jdtjr> who commented: I HATE
these pass it along things. But it's interesting reading...

[LEFT]Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men [/LEFT]
who signed the Declaration of Independence?

[LEFT]Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and tortured before they died.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Two lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army; another had two sons captured.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or Hardships of the Revolutionary War.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor.[/LEFT]

[LEFT]What kind of men were they?[/LEFT]

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants, Nine were farmers and large plantation owners; men of means, well educated, but they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the penalty would be death if they were captured.

[LEFT]Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his ships swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and properties to pay his debts, and died in rags. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move his family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay, and his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from him, and poverty was his reward. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer, Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]At the battle of Yorktown, Thomas Nelson, Jr., noted that the British General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his headquarters. He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire. The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed. The enemy jailed his wife, and she died within a few months. [/LEFT]

[LEFT]John Hart was driven from his wife's bedside as she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished. [/LEFT]

So, take a few minutes while enjoying your 4th of July holiday and silently
thank these patriots. It's not much to ask for the price they paid.

[LEFT]Remember: freedom is never free! [/LEFT]

[LEFT]I hope you will show your support by sending this to as many people as you can, please. It's time we get the word out that patriotism is NOT a sin, and the Fourth of July has more to it than beer, picnics, and baseball games.[/LEFT]
07-02-09, 10:40 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
-- AARP Bulletin Today (7/2/2009)

1] Beets Benefit the Brain
Researchers at the University of South Florida found that plant-based compound called flavenoids reduced the levels of a protein that forms plaque in the brains of mice bred to develop Alzheimer's disease. The compounds, luteolin and diosmin, have antioxidant properties that might guard against the development of Alzheimer's. The next step is to see if this works with humans. In the meantime, it can't hurt to eat more flavenoid-rich foods--including citrus fruits, herbs, beets, celery, lettuce and spinach. The report was published online in the Jounal of Cellular ane Molecular Medicine.

2] Juicy Watermelon, Stronger Bones
This summer treat is packed with naturally occurring plant-based compunds that may protect against bone loss. Researchers at Tufts University studied the effect of one such substance, called carotenoids, on the skeleton. They tracked bone mineral density over four years in 603 older men and women. The scientists found carotenoids protected against bone loss in the hip for men and in the lower spine for women. To add more carotenoids to your diet, go for bright colors -- carrots, apricots, mangoes, squash, tomatoes, red pepper, cantaloupe, spinach peaches and corn.

3] Tomatoe Paste, a Natural Sunscreen
Tomato paste has high levels of the antioxidant lycopene, which may help protect your skin. British researchers added five tablespoons of tomato paste and a tablespoon of olive oil to the daily diets of volunteers. Others received only olive oil. After three months, skin samples from the tomato group had higher levels of procollagen, a molecule that keeps skin firm, and one-third more protection against sunburn, the equivalent of a low-factor sunscreen.

4] Broccoli, Your Heart's Best Buddy
Eating broccoli may help undo the damage that diabetes causes to the blood vessels of the heart, and some scientists think the key is a substance called sulforaphane. British researchers ran laboratory tests on blood vessel cells damaged by high glucose levels, which are associated with diabetes, a major risk factor for heart attacks and stroke. They found that sulforaphane encouraged the production of enzymes that protect the blood vessels. Next, scientists expect to test the protective effects of broccoli on humans with diabetes. The findings were published online in the journal Diabetes.

5] Mushrooms Come Out of the Dark
A University of Tennessee study finds mushrooms contain beta-glucans that may help the immune system. Other studies show that the fungi contain an antioxidant that may help protect the eyes, skin, liver and kidneys. "We used to talk about the benefits of mushrooms in terms of what they didn't have--calories, fat, cholesterol, sodium or sugar," says Robert Beelman, food science professor at Pennsylvania State University. "Now we look at the nutritional benefits they provide--B vitamins, antioxidants and several important minerals, including potassium, copper and selenium."

6] Iced Tea, Good Memory
In a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, scientists measured the brain fitness and tea-drinking habits of 2,500 people age 55 and over. After two years, they found that those who had two or three cups of black tea a day were around 50 percent less likely to exhibit early signs of dementia than those who never or rarely drank it. Meanwhile, a German team reported in Nature Structural & Molecular Biology Nature that an antioxidant found in green tea seems to prevent harmful plaque buildup in the brains of people with Alzheimer's or Parkinson's disease.

7] Blueberries Fight Belly Fat
This fruit may help you shed belly fat, thanks to its high levels of antioxidants. University of Michigan scientists mixed blueberry powder into rats' food as part of either a low-fat or high-fat diet and compared the results to a blueberry-free control group. After three months, the rats that received the blueberry powder in both diets had less abdominal fat and better cholesterol levels. And, the rats on the low-fat diet weighed less and had less body fat than those on the high-fat diet. The researchers presented their findings in April at the Experimental Biology 2009 convention.

8] Get Buff With Bananas
Americans typically eat diets high in protein, grains and other foods that create tiny amounts of acid, which over the years can contribute to sarcopenia, the loss of muscle associated with aging. To see if fruits and vegetables high in potassium (like bananas) could neutralize the acid effect, Boston researchers, who published their study in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, tracked the diets of 384 men and women 65 and older. After three years they found that those who ate potassium-rich produce had 3.6 more pounds of muscle than those who bypassed the fruits and vegetables.

9] Grateful for Grapes
Three new studies suggest the benefits of grapes. First, grape extracts can fight the bacteria associated with peptic ulcers in the stomach, according to scientists at Clemson University. Second, University of Michigan researchers found that naturally occurring antioxidants in grapes may turn on a process in genes that reduces heart muscle damage. And researchers at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine found adults with early memory loss who drank two glasses of grape juice a day for 12 weeks improved their verbal and spatial memory.

10] Go for the (Fresh) Garlic
Bottled garlic may be more convenient, but new research says fresh garlic is better for you. Researchers in Japan measured levels of allicin in garlic preserved in various ways and then compared each with fresh garlic. Allicin is the active ingredient that gives garlic its reputation as an infection fighter for the common cold and other ailments. They found that fresh crushed garlic had higher levels of allicin than either garlic preserved in vegetable oil or stored in water at room temperature. The study was published online in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
07-03-09, 12:06 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, I thought it would be fun to break a record today,
so let's see what records are to be broken!

Most Surfing At One Time: 313
Most Pages Viewed In A Day: 455,035

Here is the exciting part.. If we break either bonus
then EVERYONE who surfed today will get an extra
10% credits for the day.

But it's gotta happen TODAY, Friday EST ;-) I'll send
the bonus credits tomorrow for the pages viewed today
IF we break either of the above records =P

http://www.startxchange.com/surfbar/?username=msbeejay

-------------------------------------------------
Get Your Activity Points
-------------------------------------------------

Every email I send out is worth 500 activity points for you!
Simply click the link below, and login if asked! But you must
do it before the next email is sent out!

http://www.startxchange.com/members/code.php?code=3010684B7f

Tim Linden

PS: lazapen won 1,000 credits, congrats!
[COLOR=#0000ff]http://twitter.com/timlinden[/COLOR]

07-03-09, 01:47 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
There is a bit of history buff in all of us.

Here are some interesting tidbits that you may or may not already know.

In George Washington's days, there were no cameras. One's image was either sculpted or painted. Some paintings of George Washington showed him standing behind a desk with one arm behind his back while others showed both legs and both arms. Prices charged by painters were not based on how many people were to be painted, but by how many limbs were to be painted. Arms and legs are 'limbs,' therefore painting them would cost the buyer more. Hence the expression, 'Okay, but it'll cost you an arm and a leg.' (Artists know hands and arms are more difficult to paint)

As incredible as it sounds, men and women took baths only twice a year (May and October) Women kept their hair covered, while men shaved their heads (because of lice and bugs) and wore wigs. Wealthy men could afford good wigs made from wool. They couldn't wash the wigs, so to clean them they would carve out a loaf of bread, put the wig in the shell, and bake it for 30 minutes. The heat would make the wig big and fluffy, hence the term 'big wig.' Today we often use the term 'here comes the Big Wig' because someone appears to be or is powerful and wealthy.

In the late 1700's, many houses consisted of a large room with only one chair. . Commonly, a long wide board folded down from the wall, and was used for dining.. The 'head of the household' always sat in the chair while everyone else ate sitting on the floor. Occasionally a guest, who was usually a man, would be invited to sit in this chair during a meal. To sit in the chair meant you were important and in charge. They called the one sitting in the chair the 'chair man.' Today in business, we use the expression or title 'Chairman' or 'Chairman of the Board.'

Personal hygiene left much room for improvement. As a result, many women and men had developed acne scars by adulthood.. The women would spread bee's wax over their facial skin to smooth out their complexions. When they were speaking to each other, if a woman began to stare at another woman's face she was told, 'mind your own bee's wax.' Should the woman smile, the wax would crack, hence the term 'crack a smile'. In addition, when they sat too close to the fire, the wax would melt . . Therefore, the expression 'losing face.'

Ladies wore corsets, which would lace up in the front. A proper and dignified woman, as in 'straight laced'... . Wore a tightly tied lace.

Common entertainment included playing cards. However, there was a tax levied when purchasing playing cards but only applicable to the 'Ace of Spades.' To avoid paying the tax, people would purchase 51 cards instead. Yet, since most games require 52 cards, these people were thought to be stupid or dumb because they weren't 'playing with a full deck.'

Early politicians required feedback from the public to determine what the people considered important. Since there were no telephones, TV's or radios, the politicians sent their assistants to local taverns, pubs, and bars. They were told to 'go sip some ale' and listen to people's conversations and political concerns.

Many assistants were dispatched at different times. 'You go sip here' and 'You go sip there.' The two words 'go sip' were eventually combined when referring to the local opinion and, thus we have the term 'gossip.'

At local taverns, pubs, and bars, people drank from pint and quart-sized containers. A bar maid's job was to keep an eye on the customers and keep the drinks coming. She had to pay close attention and remember who was drinking in 'pints' and who was drinking in 'quarts,' hence the term 'minding your 'P's and Q's '

One more and betting you didn't know this!

In the heyday of sailing ships, all war ships and many freighters carried iron cannons. Those cannons fired round iron cannon balls. It was necessary to keep a good supply near the cannon. However, how to prevent them from rolling about the deck?

The best storage method devised was a square-based pyramid with one ball on top, resting on four resting on nine, which rested on sixteen.. Thus, a supply of 30 cannon balls could be stacked in a small area right next to the cannon.

There was only one problem...how to prevent the bottom layer from sliding or rolling from under the others. The solution was a metal plate called a 'Monkey' with 16 round indentations.

However, if this plate were made of iron, the iron balls would quickly rust to it. The solution to the rusting problem was to make 'Brass Monkeys..' Few landlubbers realize that brass contracts much more and much faster than iron when chilled.

Consequently, when the temperature dropped too far, the brass indentations would shrink so much that the iron cannonballs would come right off the monkey. Thus, it was quite literally, 'Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.' (All this time, you thought that was an improper expression, didn't you.)

If you don't send this fabulous bit of historic knowledge to any and all your unsuspecting friends, your floppy is going to fall off your hard drive and kill your mouse.
07-04-09, 03:01 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
“Faith is not a refuge from reality. It is a demand that we face reality,
with all its difficulties, opportunities, and implications. The true
subject matter of religion is not our own little souls, but the
Eternal God and His whole mysterious purpose, and our solemn
responsibility to Him.”
Evelyn Underhill

“I have held many things in my hands, and have lost them all; but whatever
I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess.”
Martin Luther

“When I consider Thy heavens, the work of Thy fingers, the moon and the
stars which Thou has ordained; what is man, that Thou are mindful of
him?”

8th Psalm.

“I asked God for strength, that I might achieve.
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey..
I asked for health, that I might do great things.
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy.
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life.
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things...
I got nothing I asked for -- but everything I hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among men, most richly blessed!”
Roy Campanella, famous baseball player

“Really wanting a job won’t do it. They have to love marketing
and want to eat, drink, breathe, and sleep marketing.”
Sergio Zyman
07-06-09, 12:26 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
--- Be Careful Out There: IDIOT SIGHTING
We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, 'Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower.' I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, 'NO, it's not.' Four is larger than two...'
We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, 'You gave me too much money.' I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back.' She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said 'We're sorry but we cannot do that kind of thing.' The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change. Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: 'Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore.'

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE:
My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee asked, 'Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?' To which I replied, 'If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?' He smiled knowingly and nodded, 'That's why we ask.'

IDIOT SIGHTING:
The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, 'What on earth are blind people doing driving?!'

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I was at a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker. She was leaving the company due to 'downsizing.' Our manager commented cheerfully, 'This is fun. We should do this more often.' Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver sidedoor. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. 'Hey,' I announced to the technician, 'Its open!' His reply, 'I know. I already got that side.'

IDIOT SIGHTING:
I have one! When I left Hawaii and was transferred to FL I still had the Hawaiian plates on my car, as my car was shipped from Hawaii. I was parking somewhere (I can't remember) and a guy asked me Wow, you drove from Hawaii to here?" I looked at him and quickly said "Yep. I took the Hawaii/San Francisco Bridge." He nodded his head and said "Cool!"

STAY ALERT! They walk among us.. They REPRODUCE..........and unfortunately some of them vote.
07-13-09, 02:48 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
...and, I am posting it here for the forum community to read!

THIS WAS WRITTEN BY A SOLDIER IN IRAQ.

Okay, I need to rant.

I was just watching the news, and I caught part of a report on Michael Jackson. As we all know, Jackson died the other day. He was an entertainer who performed for decades. He made millions, he spent millions, and he did a lot of things that make him a villain to many people. I understand that his death would affect a lot of people, and I respect those people who mourn his death, but that isn't the point of my rant.

Why is it that when ONE man dies, the whole of America loses their minds with grief. When a man dies whose only contribution to the country was to ENTERTAIN people, the Amercian people find the need
to flock to a memorial in Hollywood , and even Congress sees the need to hold a "moment of silence" for his passing?

Am I missing something here? ONE man dies, and all of a sudden he's a freaking martyr because he entertained us for a few decades? What about all those SOLDIERS who have died to give us freedom? All those Soldiers who, knowing that they would be asked to fight in a war, still raised their hands and swore to defend the Constitution and the United States of America .

Where is there moment of silence? Where are the people flocking to their graves or memorials and mourning over them because they made the ultimate sacrifice? Why is it when a Soldier dies, there are more people saying "good ridence," and "thank God for IEDs?" When did this country become so calloused to the sacrifice of GOOD MEN and WOMEN, that they can arbitrarily blow off their deaths, and instead, throw themselves into mourning for a "Pop Icon?"

I think that if they are going to hold a moment of silence IN CONGRESS for Michael Jackson, they need to hold a moment of silence for every service member killed in Iraq and Afghanistan . They need to PUBLICLY recognize every life that has been lost so that the American people can live their callous little lives in the luxury and freedom that WE, those that are living and those that have gone on, have provided for them.

But, wait, that would take too much time, because there have been so many willing to make that sacrifice. After all, we will never make millions of dollars. We will never star in movies, or write hit songs that the world will listen too. We only shed our blood, sweat and tears so that people can enjoy what they have.

Sorry if I have offended, but I needed to say it.

Feel free to pass this along if you want.

Remember these five words the next time you think
of someone who is serving in the military;
"So that others may live..."

--

Only two people have ever effectively given their lives for you.

Jesus Christ and The American G.I.

One died for your sins, the other died to give you freedom
07-13-09, 03:09 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
and I wanted to share it with the forum community...

BAR CODES
07-13-09, 07:46 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
Let's not forget those in health care.

"If you save one life you are a hero, if you save 100 you are a nurse"
07-14-09, 12:52 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
From one of my Internet Friends...

Here's your laugh for today
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A woman visited a plastic surgeon who told her about a new procedure called
'The Knob,' where a small knob is placed at the top of the woman's head and
could be turned to tighten up her skin and produce the effect of a brand new
face-lift. Of course, the woman wanted 'The Knob.'

Over the course of the years, the woman tightened the knob, and the effects
were wonderful, the woman remained young looking and vibrant.

After fifteen years, the woman returned to the surgeon with two problems.

'All these years, everything has been working just fine. I've had to turn the knob
many times and I've always loved the results. But now I've developed two annoying
problems: First, I have these terrible bags under my eyes and the knob won't get rid
of them.'

The doctor looked at her closely and said, 'Those aren't bags, those are your breasts.'

She said, 'Well, I guess there's no point in asking about the goatee.'
07-14-09, 01:05 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
Humor me - Read this...I mean REALLY read this - it is a great reminder of recommendations for life you know but haven't thought of recently!

This is without a doubt one of the good luck forwards that applies to everyone's life

There's some mighty fine advice in these words

ONE.
Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

TWO.
Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.

THREE.
Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.

FOUR .
When you say, 'I love you ,' mean it.

FIVE.
When you say, 'I'm sorry,' look the person in the eye.

SIX.
Be engaged at least six months before you get married.

SEVEN..Believe in love at first sight.

EIGHT.
Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.

NINE
Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.

TEN.
In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.

ELEVEN.
Don't judge people by their relatives.

TWELVE.
Talk slowly but think quickly.

THIRTEEN.
When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, 'Why do you want to know?'

FOURTEEN.
Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

FIFTEEN.
Say 'bless you' when you hear someone sneeze.

SIXTEEN.
When you lose, don't lose the lesson !

SEVENTEEN.
Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

EIGHTEEN.
Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship..

NINETEEN.
When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

TWENTY.
Smile when picking up the phone... The caller will hear it in your voice.

TWENTY-ONE.
Spend some time alone.

Now, here's the IFFY part!
Send this to 5 people & your life may or may not improve.
1-4 people: Your life may or may not improve slightly.
5-9 people: Your life may or may not improve to your liking.
9-14 people: You may or may not have at least 5 surprises
in the next 3 weeks

15 and above: Your life may or may not improve drastically and everything you ever dreamed of may or may not begin to take shape.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart Do not keep this message

NEVER FORGET -- If God brings you to it, he'll bring you through it.....
=================================================================================

Sent: 7/14/2009 --- From: Cyndee Johson <CLJ5775> --- To: MsBeeJay + 17 others
07-14-09, 07:37 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks

"The Pentekon Bible"

God made, Adam bit,
Noah arked, Abraham split,
Joseph ruled, Jacob fooled,
Bush talked, Moses balked;
Pharaoh plagued, people walked
Sea divided, tablets guided,
Promise landed.

Saul freaked, David peeked,
Prophets warned, Jesus born.
God walked, love talked,
Anger crucified, hope died.
Love rose, Spirit flamed,
Word spread, God remained.

by Rev Dana Livesay,
Wanganui, New Zealand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thought the forum community
would find this post interesting?

God Bless and Keep on Surfing!
07-14-09, 07:42 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks

Ever wonder about the abbreviation A.S.A.P.?
Generally we think of it in term of even more hurry
and stress in our lives.

Maybe if we think of this abbreviation in a different
manner, we will begin to find a new way to deal with
those rough days along the way.

"There's work to do, deadlines to meet;
You've got no time to spare,
But as you hurry and scurry-
A.S.A.P.-ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER

In the midst of family chaos,
"Quality time" is rare.
Do your best; let God do the rest-
A.S.A.P-ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER

It may seem like your worries
Are more than you can bare.
Slow down and take a breather-

God knows how stressful life is;
He wanst to ease our cares,
And He'll respond to all your needs

Today I'm saying a little prayer that GOD
Will smile on you and send you all the
Special blessings you deserve.
A.S.A.P.

I bet you thought it meant "As Soon As Possible," right?
This has been sitting around for awhile and wanted to
share it with the forum community...

07-14-09, 07:49 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
I once made a remark about the hidden books of the Bible.
It was a lulu, kept people looking so hard for facts&#8230;and for
others it was a revelation. Some were in a jam, especially
since the names of the books were not capitalized. But the
truth finally struck home to numbers of our readers.

To others it was a real job. We want it to be a most fascinating
few moments for you. Yes, there will be some really easy ones
to spot. Others may require judges to help find them.

I will quickly admit it usually takes a minister to find one of them,
and there will be loud lamentations when it is found. A little lady
says she brews a cup of tea so she can concentrate better. See
how well you can compete. Relax now, for there really are sixteen
names of books of the Bible in this paragraph.

This probably won't be much of a challenge for all of you christians...
Have fun? And, how about letting the rest of us know what they are?

07-14-09, 08:07 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
"The streets are safe in Philadelphia, it's only the people that make them unsafe"
Frank Rizzo

"Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly."
Batman costume warning label

"Music is well said to be the speech of angels; in fact, nothing among the utterances
allowed to man is felt to be so divine. It brings us near to the infinite."
Thomas Carlyle

"A hangover is the wrath of grapes"
Anonymous

"Be careful of reading health books, you might die of a misprint."
Mark Twain

“Some people...You give them an inch and they think they're a ruler. You know,
somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note
on the windscreen which said, 'Parking Fine.'"
Tommy Cooper

"If I were a fraction, my goal would be world denomination."
Chris Lipe

“No one can rightfully say they are a virgin, for life has screwed us all.”
Anonymous

"Why does everyone think that I am a cruel and insensitive man?
I mean, come on, I have kids... on my desk in little jars!"
Stephen King

"I don't want any yes-men around me. I want everybody
to tell me the truth even if it costs them their jobs."
Samuel Goldwyn

"Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
P. J. O'Rourke

"Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped."
Groucho Marx

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants."
A. Whitney Brown

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
Mark Twain

"Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules. Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives."
Unknown

"You know there is a problem with the education system when
you realize that out of the 3 R's, only one begins with an R."
Dennis Miller

"Why do they sell lemon juice made with artificial ingredients and lemon floor
polish made with real lemon juice? Now I drink tea with a twist of Mop 'n Glow."
Bobby Kelton

"The Ten Commandments contain 297 words. The Bill of Rights is stated in 463 words.
Lincoln's Gettysburg Address contains 266 words. A recent federal directive to regulate
the price of cabbage contains 26,911 words."
Atlanta Journal

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat."
Winston Churchill

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
Winston Churchill

"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end.
But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."
Winston Churchill

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small,
large or petty-never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense."
Winston Churchill

"Without courage, all other virtues lose their meaning."
Winston Churchill

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
Winston Churchill

"If we open a quarrel between the past and the present,
we shall find that we have lost the future."
Winston Churchill
07-15-09, 12:14 AM Thanks!
etradecash

0 Active Level
326 Posts
0 Thanks
Love the Quote

Regards

Mark
07-15-09, 12:39 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
"Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that,
if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men
will still say, 'This was their finest hour.'"
Winston Churchill

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared
for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
Winston Churchill

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well
tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant
of slow grow, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity
before it is entitled to the appellation."
George Washington

"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet."
Emily Dickinson

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Mark Twain

"If you tell the truth, you do not have to remember anything."
Mark Twain

"The man who does not read good books has no
advantage over the man who can't read them."
Mark Twain

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,
it is time to pause and reflect."
Mark Twain

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living.
The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
Mark Twain

"Every time I feel the urge to exercise, I lie down until it goes away."
Mark Twain

“You see what you expect to see.”
Al Ries & Jack Trout

“One prime objective of all advertising is to heighten expectations.”
Al Ries & Jack Trout

“To cope with complexity, people have learned to simplify everything.”
Al Ries & Jack Trout

“I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets.”
Dave Edison

"Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing."
Mark Twain

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human
stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"
Albert Einstein

"You're just jealous because the little voices talk to me"
Lewis Carrol
07-15-09, 06:02 PM Thanks!

0 Active Level
0 Posts
0 Thanks
You have, perhaps, NEVER seen a picture of the statue of Liberty like this one!

I find it amazing that this photo, taken so many years ago, actually still exists!
And now, someone has put it online for all of us to see.
This INCREDIBLE picture was taken in 1918.

It is 18,000 men preparing for war in a training camp at Camp Dodge, Iowa.
EIGHTEEN THOUSAND MEN!

What a priceless gift from our forefathers!

FACTS:
Base to Shoulder: 150 feet
Right Arm: 340 feet
Widest part of arm holding torch: 12 1/2 feet
Right thumb: 35 feet
Thickest part of body: 29 feet
Left hand length: 30 feet
Face: 60 feet
Nose: 21 feet
Longest spike of head piece: 70 feet
Torch and flame combined: 980 feet